Much like pineapples, I am hardcore. (thisgirliknow) wrote,
Much like pineapples, I am hardcore.

(sent to LJ via e-mail at 8:32 am)

I left at 6:50 this morning and got to work at 6:56. Seriously, I am loving
the lack of the 30 minute commute I used to make every morning.

However, I decided for whatever reason that my favorite morning DJs, John
and Tammy, just don't cut it for me anymore. I no longer like Lex and Terry
either. Anyone know of a good morning show and/or a station that plays
continuous [good] music in the mornings from 6:45-7?

I had actually intended to leave earlier, but I'm having Padfoot issues. Like, he won't use the doggy door.

Yesterday, I took ewsnwfl's advice and gave him a treat on one
side of the door and called him through it. I did it about twenty times,
(downgrading from treats to a single pellet of food), but each time I had to
open the flap myself, he wouldn't crawl through it when it was closed. But
he did do it each time it was open with some coaxing.

And then this morning, while I was taking a shower, I decided to open the
backdoor and let Padfoot out so that he could do his morning business.
Instead, what I got was an extremely whiny dog who stayed on my porch and
wouldn't even go out into the backyard, and who whined for the next almost
twenty minutes right in front of the dog door until I finally opened the dog
door flap for him and let him in.

This is ridiculous. We will keep working on it, but there's only so much
whining I can take.

Oh, and then I opened the front door to leave, and he ran out and peed.
Maybe because I always took him out the front door at my old apt?

Jon's really impressed with the way the house is coming together, and last
night I took a look around, imagining it how it used to be, and I'm
impressed with myself, too. It looks 300 times better. I'm loving the
colors. I'm loving how my furniture goes with it. I'm loving the wine glass
rack I installed.

My cement was poured yesterday. I wrote my name in it and put a (slight
impression of a) handprint in it. Made my mark! It should be dry by this
afternoon, but my hot tub won't be here till either Thursday or Friday.

I went by there yesterday to officially apply for my financing/loan. At the
beginning, when I got there, I was all inwardly cocky that my credit rocked
and that I didn't have to worry about getting approved. As it took longer
and longer I started to worry that my credit was a fluke. Turns out it just
takes a long time, and I was fine. So now I'll have one more bill to worry
about, but hopefully the stress of having so many bills will be alleviated
by my new hot tub ;)

Today I'm buying a dresser. I guess I'm hoping to borrow my dad's van to put
it in, but I didn't think about that until just now. Crud. Maybe I'll go
pick it out and pay for it and then go pick it up when I go to get my desk.

Okay, I have to work now.

  • This entry is in progress --------------------------- While chatting on the phone with my mom a few days ago, I mentioned that we were headed…

  • huh. happy or sad or existential crisis

    I was taking an online survey that asked me, "Are the clothes that you wear that others see more expressive of who you are, or the clothes that…

  • Me.

    Melissa. 35. Live in Atlanta, GA (Kirkwood) with my husband and dog. Liberal. Jew. Amateur genealogist. Industrial Psychology data junkie. (semi…

  • Post a new comment


    default userpic

    Your reply will be screened

    Your IP address will be recorded 

    When you submit the form an invisible reCAPTCHA check will be performed.
    You must follow the Privacy Policy and Google Terms of use.